Subsea Mooring Connector (SMC)
The SMC can be used for chain wire or rope connections at the seabed where vertical install is possible such as on suction and driven piles.
The SMC can also be used to handle the piles during their installation.
- Simple installation – self-aligning, male is dropped vertically into female and pin is inserted by ROV
- All ROV installation
- Tolerant to dirt and debris
- Easily disconnected by ROV
- High fatigue resistance
- No chemical anti corrosion packs required
- All forged alloy steel construction
- Locking device for load pin
- Coating system as agreed with client
SMC was developed in response to a need to replace ball and taper based connection systems at the seabed, to simplify installation and offer a more robust solution.
- SMC can be designed to meet all customer specifications
- Typically a design life of 30 years is achievable
- Meets DNV-OS-E302 for mooring accessories and similar offshore standards